October 11, 2019

VRT Export for bikes? Or Not?

VRT Export for bikes? Or Not?

Is there VRT export available for motorbikes?

I had always a**umed there was …. but reading this, it sounds like it is not:



What is the VRT Export Repayment Scheme?
This scheme allows a vehicle owner to claim repayment of the ‘residual’ Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) when exporting the vehicle. The owner is the person listed on the National Vehicle Driver File (NVDF) at the time the vehicle is examined. If you are unsure that you are the registered owner, please contact the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.

To be eligible the vehicle must:

be a passenger car, for example: a saloon, hatchback or Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV)
be registered in the State
have a valid National Car Test (NCT) or Commercial Vehicle Certificate
be VRT paid.



Source: VRT Export for bikes? Or Not?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

83 − = 78